Thursday 25 August 2005

Dun tell me summer is coming to an end liao..

I woke up with frozen toes today..somehow my blanket din cover them last nite..and it's bloody cold this morning..it still is cold right now at this moment..fingers feeling a bit stiff as i'm typing..according to the weather forecast..it's a 'high' of 15 degrees today..sigh..

Ever since the rare spell of good weather on Sunday, it's been mostly rainy & cold for the past 1 week or so..my fren was just wondering aloud last night..'seems like summer is giving way to autumn liao..' Nooooo....

Okok, enuf about weather..shall continue about my Scotland trip..

Monday, 8 August 2005

I woke up with a mission in mind today – to lay my hands on one of those coveted Military Tattoo tickets. The MT has some historical background to it..but to me, it as a military band performance fiesta..it features performances from various countries (though mainly European)..and the main selling point is..it’s held in the Edinburgh Castle grounds..i first found out about it when I was in Edinburgh 4 years ago..but I din manage to get tics then..so I was quite determined to catch it this time round..tickets are so hot tat they’re usually sold out in the December preceding the event..there are usually loose tickets being refunded from time to time so it’s really a matter of luck..

Soon-to-be-Dr Wong had shown me the ticket office last evening..it’s just 2 mins from my hostel..so I strolled over at 9.50am..thinking I should have quite a good chance..oh..how wrong I am..there are must be at least 50 pple in the queue already..machiam waiting for the Oakley sale to begin.. @_@

I joined the q and a few minutes later..the staff came round and announced ‘there’re only 12 tickets left for now..’ Undeterred, I asked if there’re any chance of tickets being refunded in the afternoon..he said there might be & I could try coming again later..

Ok..since there’s nothing I could do about it now..i decided to go ‘climb’ Arthur’s Seat first..though it’s not exactly very high at 251m..it’s actually an extinct volcano at the end of the royal mile..

Hmm..it’s not a physically demanding trek but there is no one main path..& there’re some parts u have to literally ‘climb’ using hands and legs..not too sure if I reached the actual summit cos there’s supposed to be a monument but I couldn’t find it..in any case, it offers a great view of Edinburgh city from up there..& I’m quite happy liao..

Felt a little hungry after the exercise so I began making my way down..grabbed a sandwich & then I headed to the MT office again..

There was no queue this time..and I was quite sure there’re no more tickets..i went in & asked ‘Are there any tickets left for tonight’s show?’ ‘We have 4 left’ Yippee! Went to the counter and was shown the available seats…2 were at the 18pounds & 2 were for 30pounds..needless to say, I went for the former..haha! finally..i got the tickets..so happy! ^o^

After tat, I just wandered about the royal mile..catching some of the buskers in action(understudying them, some of u might say)..

Oh, guess wat I had for dinner tonight? Pork floss bun! I found a pack of pork floss in the kitchen hostel..they must have been left behind by this group of Singaporeans..i noticed them last night but din get round to talking to them..it’s actually on the ‘common shelf’..meaning it’s meant for all hostelites..but I decided to ‘gope’ it all for myself since I dun think any of the ang mohs will know wat it is..least appreciate it..haha..qiong ren de ri zi jiu shi zhe yang de..

No comments: