Saturday 8 September 2007

ENT

Ear, Nose and Throat..ever wondered why they're always a hospital ward called ENT? Well..they're all connected..

So..my ear is blocked..but wat i didn't reckon is my nose getting all blocked up too..tried to go for a jog the other day..ears felt blocked...nose felt blocked..couldn't really breathe thru mouth either..and i could hear myself panting real loudly in my head..for a while it seems like my whole head is gonna explode..

Anyway, i went to see the doc couple of days ago..and he showed my the diagram of the whole ENT system and how they're all linked..and telling me 'so you might experience nasal congestion too'..yes i know..

According to him, my ear condition has 'progressed' to media otitis aka infection of the middle ear(there's outer ear, middle ear and inner ear) Was given another kind of ear drops and oral antibiotics(this is bad, even when i had to go to the hospital in UK, i never had to take oral medication)

Another 3 days..and i'm due for the next checkup..keeping my fingers crossed..

No comments: