Wednesday 14 August 2013

Summer in Macau 2013

I'm such a 'consistent' person..was just telling fish how many bds I counted in these 2 weeks..of cos, one of it is hers(& thanks to twinky who helped to shop for her present even though she was feeling groggy)

First, I must rant(again) how much the airfares cost me this trip..never since the full-fare/full-service flight I took n years ago when SQ was the only carrier and there were no such things as budget airlines have I paid soooo much for an air tic to Macau..but of cos, this was the long weekend and half of sg was flying off to somewhere(there was at least 100 pax in front of me at the airport checkin counter at 5am)

It was a new, and yet not-so-new experience this time..new cos this is the first time I've been to macau in summer; i've been there during winter, spring, but never summer. It's also the first time i'm staying in a different place..fish's new house to be exact.

Maybe it's the fact that it's summer..we walked a lot this time..as in walking on the streets with no particular destination in mind..we didn't even really step into shops or malls..we did so much walking that I felt we were like the characters in 'Before Midnight' (oh, I love the series)

We were just walking..sometimes talking, sometimes in silence..what did we talk about? I dunno..everything? anything? Some are frivolous things like which movie did she catch recently..some are 'technical' topics like how to calculate the max heart rate(no hor, not the 220 minus age formula)..some are 'sensitive' issues like dealing with her 'becoming-OCD-sister'

Anyway, thanks for :

- Going for a bike ride with me(though I suspect she's just as 'gian', if not more, 'gian' than me to ride)

- Arranging the bike ride timing such that we could catch the sunset(though I suspect she's also very 'gian' to catch the nightview, which is erm, after the sunset?)

- Having my teh ready when I wake up in the morning(somehow I suspect she was afraid I will fall asleep halfway)

- Waiting for my flight to take off before leaving the airport(somehow she was afraid I will not be able to board my flight cos I went in during 'final call')

Next up..graduation tour summer 2014 :)


p.s. HB fish!

No comments: