Thursday 14 June 2012

She knew i liked it..i had even contemplated about flying over for 'one last look'(which i did not)

To her credit, she had kept me updated on the whole process..from when the decision was first made..to prospecting for buyers..negotiating for a good price..to the exact day when it was finally handed over..

'It' is, or was, my macau chalet..the 5-and-a-half storeys shophouse that i had visited Nth times over the past 12 years was no more..








In the earlier days, we talked about taking over the shopfront and turning in a B&B(apparently not allowed in Macau)..or converting it into some F&B business(never materialised of cos)

When she showed me pics of their new place..some spiffy new condo-looking apartment, i was like..ok, looks nice..but where's the character? Just by looking at it, i wouldn't know if it was in Macau or Sg or London..



I told her 'i prefer the old place', she replied in her typical fish-manner 'maybe i was in there most of my life, so i'm a bit numb with old-shop-character thingy'

Coming of age(35 in HDB-terms), i have been thinking...private or public? Money aside(that's what bank loans are for, isn't it?), do i really need/want to stay in private; by private, i mean condo. Condo..HDB..wats the diff? I don't exactly need a pool at my doorstep..nor do i need some uniformed men waving(smilingly or not) whenever i go in and out of my estate..

Of cos my ultimate dream house is a conservation shophouse..but short of striking the lottery(5times over)..it seems rather far-fetched..

Meanwhile..i shall make do with my 'upgraded' holiday chalet..

No comments: