Monday 18 November 2013

Sch Friends

I devoted 2 paras in my reflection essays on my coursemates..interesting mix..can't get anymore variety in a mixed nuts pack..

Like I mentioned sometime somewhere..most people are more interested in my 'social wellbeing' than my academic progress when it comes to my school life..Well,i guess i do have a few friends in sch..i mean, we sit together together during classes and we do grp assignments together..so we're friends right?

Ya..as i always tell most people..i have an evil twin. I dunno why people call her my twin when she looks nothing like me, and speaks in a crisp australian accent. Oh, and she thinks all cats are evil -.- Her fave phrase to me? "不要欺骗无辜的少女" Nothing surprising..other than the fact that she is hopeless in Mandarin(she orders 菜饭 in ang moh at the sch canteen)

Then i have a hokkien lian friend(so-named by twink). She speaks in well..perfect hokkien lian accent. She usually sits behind me and evil twin..and in 7 out of 10 classes, she will ask 'what does _____ mean?' My evil twin will try to explain in perfect english and half the time, hokkien lian will not understand..then i will step in with some hokkien/singlish translation and true enough, she will go 'Orhhh...i know liao!'

What is 'interesting' about hokkien lian is her age..or rather the age gap between us. I knew she was young(21..omg!!), but it never really hit me until..


Incident #1
ZXL: U want a (chewing) gum?
Hokkien lian: Is that a sweet? Can swallow one?
ZXL: No lah..it's a gum!
Hokkien lian: I dunno mah..
(later out of curiosity i went to check when was the sale of gum banned in sg..it was the year she was born..and i was already in sec sch)

Incident #2
ZXL: Lets go Paulaner to celebrate last day of sch!
Hokkien Lian: Paulaner? What's the age limit? Can i go?
ZXL: *Fainted*

No comments: