Tuesday 21 June 2005

From Liverpool to Blackpool..

19 Jun 05

Made a daytrip to Blackpool today..it's about an hour and a half away by train. Blackpool's like a giant amusement park..everywhere u turn, u see slot machines, video game arcades..there's also a ferris wheel, a carousel..hmm..all these remind me of a song..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mum just called me..asking me about the usual stuff..how am i doing..blah³ She said she saw the 'heat wave' in UK from the news & told me to go back home if the weather turned too hot for me(did she forget tat i spent 26 hrs growing up in hot & humid Spore?!) Y'know, just 2 weeks ago, she called & asked if i can take the cold over here..& if not, i should just fly back..hmm...parents..u just can't win them can u?

Oh ya, one funny thing was she asked if i'm used to the food here & if i can finish their 'huge portions'..& my reply? '1 serving is barely enuf for me' I also dunno if my appetite has increased since i came here cos it's cold(starting to turn warm liao lor) or simply cos i'm bored(& so i turn to food for comfort)..anyway, i really dun think their serving is tat huge..american's serving maybe but here..seriously lor, 1 sandwich or 1 cottage pie definitely wun last me beyond 2 hours (yes, i'm still on a 2-hr feed)..do u know tat i can easily wolf down 4 slices of bread(wholemeal no less) and have ample room for dessert..& i'm talking about lunch alone..

Sigh..i'm gonna eat my savings away soon..

No comments: