Wednesday 2 November 2005

I wish i could turn back the clock..

In case u dun realise it..i was (trying to)sing the song by Johnny Hates Jazz n years ago.. :Þ

Anyway, wat I’m trying to say is..time was literally turned back when UK summer time officially ended on Sunday..this means tat UK is back on GMT again..this is actually my first experience at ‘adjusting the clock’..basically at 12midnite on Sun, the clock goes back 1 hr to be 11pm Sat nite..

Actually I prefer the old time..cos now it means the sky starts getting dark at 5-ish pm, instead of 6-ish pm..although it also means I need not scramble for my oyster card(aka ezlink in Sg) in the dark when I take the tube in the morning..i dun really mind it cos I get to see the sunrise at about 730am when I’m on the way to work..

Come to think of it..UK also damn one kind one..the rest of western europe are all on GMT+1 time, only UK is on GMT..& while everyone else on this side of the continent drives on the right, the Brits drive on the left..

*****************************************************************

As for my ear..a visit to the hospital today(realised I spent all my off days visiting clinics/hospitals or rather.. I plan my off days according to my doc appts *.*) revealed tat it’s starting to heal(yay!)..& guess wat was the doctor’s advice to me? Try to get more sunshine..it would be easy as pie if it’s Sg he was talking about..but we’re looking at London wor..& getting ‘some sun’ is no easy feat, given the tempermental weather..



P.S. As I’m blogging away..there’re fireworks outside now..apparently, there’re a few designated days for people to ‘put’ fireworks(wat is the correct verb ah? display?) Quite pretty..

No comments: