Friday 4 November 2005

School Hols+Halloween Weekend=Disaster

It was another day of mayhem in the park today.. One of my colleagues actually got punched by one of the guests..i didn’t actually witness the incident but heard she(yes, it’s a ‘she’) got punched by ‘ah beng’ for asking him to queue up..hmm..reminds me of a granny-slapping incident..*o*

Aiyo..these ang mohs..they are really in the mood for halloween..imagine walking around the park after dark & someone appears in front of you wearing one of those scary masks..ren xia ren, xia si ren..

And the mess left behind 20,000 guests is no joke..imagine an event site after a mass event..multiply tat by 3(ang mohs are generally dirtier) & u’ll get the idea..think I’ve cleaned more litter in this week than I’ve ever cleaned in my house in the past 20 years..

For the past 10 days or so, I’ve been having all my meals outside..breakfast on the train there, lunch & afternoon tea in the park & dinner on the train back..& I usually pack my meals..so u can imagine the amount of food I bring with me each day..4 meals..i’m essentially carrying a picnic basket around..

This also means to say I haven’t had hot food for these 10 days..cos all I’ve been having are sandwiches(sandwiches are cold, toasts are hot)..it’s not so much tat I mind eating sandwiches..they’ve quite a bit of sandwich fillings here..from the usual egg mayo to coronation chicken(chicken bits + raisins + peaches in curry)..but for those who know me well enuf..i’m always very particular about my diet..& I just dun think sandwiches alone can provide a balanced diet..

I usually catch the same train as a few of my colleagues..so I’ll be like seeing them from 8 in the morning when we catch the train till 9-ish at night when we go our separate ways at the train station..hmm..kinda reminds me of the ‘good ole days’ of mass events..



P.S. A string of emails from some ex-classmates reminded me tat it’s Deepavali(Divali in London) & Hari Raya(‘Id in London) back in Sg..totally forgot about these occasions..this week to me, is Halloween week..from the many pumpkins hanging all over the place & people walking around in funny costumes..apparently, some people really came trick or treating at our door the other nite but I wasn’t back yet..still at work..sigh..

No comments: