Wednesday 1 March 2006

4d

I mentioned i went out for dinner-cum-supper last nite..& it was sort of boh bian..why so? cos my fren rq had just came back from US..maybe 'came back' is not the correct word..cos she's actually in Sg for a business trip..

The funny thing is, cos she's hired directly under the US office..she's considered an 'expat' when she's in Sg, ie. food & transport expenses covered(?!) ..& she's only here for a week(with a 4 day shanghai biz trip squeezed in) so we had to grab the one & only opportunity to catch up with her last nite..& even then, we ended up meeting at 9ish for dinner(no thanks to ys who was trapped in a meeting)

Rq, together with ys(also known as the person i made cry when i refused to write in her autograph book eons again) & ml(also known as Mrs Nepal) are whom i consider the 'higher-fliers' among my closer frens..To have a 'full attendance' gathering of the 4 of us is like trying to strike consolation prize in 4D..meaning possible lah, but must try many many times..best if can try every week for both sat & sun..& there will be >1 occasion where u 'just miss by 1 number to dio prize'..just like someone will inevitably have some last minute urgent work to settle every time we arrange for a meetup..

And everytime after meeting them, without fail, i will go home thinking about my life..& how different it is from theirs..theirs are the typical success stories..enviable positions in MNCs..earning a handsome salary..career paths all nicely laid out in front of them(or so it seems to me)..
Of cos, they will also be complaining about irresponsible colleagues(bless me, but I hardly complain about my colleagues..bosses are a separate category altogether..) or lamenting about the lack of time to do things like sports, go backpacking for a month..

And everytime, I would conclude tat while I’m genuinely happy with their success(& no doubt, they’d worked really hard for it)..i’m relatively satisfied with my lifestyle too..poor as I am(haven seen a ‘credit' entry in my bank acc for the loooongest time)

I guess tat's the way (my)life is..& seriously..i'm glad for it..

p.s. Actually, I received a superior boost of motivation recently..but for the time being, I shall keep it within me..

No comments: