Thursday 7 June 2007

Getting old..or am i?

Hmm..i think i should slowly get back into my blogging mode..so i shall blog..something..or nothing..

Well, the fact is nothing really exciting happened(a sign of slowing down?) in my life these 2 weeks..other than the fact tat i confirmed i'm 'no longer young'(but tat's not very exciting is it?!)

Played badminton yest..and feeling the effects everywhere today..from my back to shoulders to bum(esp bum). I dun rem feeling so sore in the past(or maybe i hadn't played for a while liao), recovery seems to be take tat bit longer nowadays..and my reflexes..always seemed to be half a second slow in retrieving the cock..being a tt player, i used to pride myself as 'quick-reflexed' :Þ

I figure late 20s is really 'not young anymore' in terms of athletic years..read before that athletic performance peaks in the early to mid 20s..and from there, it's a struggle to maintain at tat level..at the recent championships tat i attended..it's not surprising to see even 17, 18 years old overtaking 25, 26 years old players..Also, i was quite surprised to learn tat a lot of the national coaches are not much older than me, perhaps by 2 or 3 years? But rem i mentioned that performance dips after the mid-20s..so i guess that's when a lot of players move on from playing to coaching..

Buuutt....in life, late 20s can still be considered young right?? Though not as fresh-faced as 'just graduated', still not 'over the hill' yet mah..hor?

Maybe it's time to contemplate about life..again..? Sigh..

No comments: