Sunday 17 June 2007

Finding the bearings..

One of the tasks in last Saturday's Adventure Race required teams to do some navigation using a compass to find the correct bearings..but..more of the race in the next few days..gimme some time to recover first..no i didn't take part but yes, it's tat tiring being a race-spirator..haha..

It's been quite a while since i found a newspaper article tat i really liked(which is another reason for my less-than-frequent-blogging)..finally came across one tat made me go 'i must blog about this', so here goes..

Finding My Bearings In Maze Of Life (ST 16 Jun 2007)

..She says, 'I've made up my mind to enjoy my life to the hilt'.

She laughs, a little self-conscious. 'Though I can't think beyond a year ahead.'

But perhaps more important than knowing where you're going is knowing where you're at.'

To live consciously, to live the way you want, is to hold a compass that you check from time to time. And, checking it, say 'Right - I know where i am.'

When you can say that, there will be no more mazes left in the world, only unexpected corners

Of cos this is only a very brief abstract of the entire article, which gives the background and explain why ths said character will feel this way. But i think it's a rather accurate reflection of my mentality..which is why i seldom ask people 'What are your plans for the future?' Cos i know if i get asked this question, i'll have no answer..and just like the character, i dun usually see beyond a year(some pple call it commitment phobia)

Maybe next time i'll just answer 'I'll check my bearings first' :)

No comments: