Sunday 21 March 2010

My trip..

I was still thinking if i should blog about my macau trip afterall..since it's not exactly a terribly exciting place and most people would have been 'bored' by my macau trip(s)..

But of cos, my good ole buddy wei sent me a 'gentle reminder' on my promised entry..so here goes..


I started planning for this trip, like really early..i started hunting for air tics back in Nov..tat's a good 3 months before intended travel date..to me, tat's almost like half a lifetime..but then again, maybe that's a good thing, because i read this article somewhere that says the 'anticipation high' of a holiday in fact, outweighs the actual 'holiday high'..(this is in line with pooh's theory - see blog header). So this effectively means i got to enjoy the 'anticipation high' for close to 3 months..good deal right?


Even before i flew off, i had my adrenalin flowing quite a bit liao..no thanks to pandan cake..yes, that green fluffy cake that we hardly pay any attention to it..my hosts had requested for some food from Sg and pandan cake tops that list(yes, it's really a very-much-requested-for food among foreigners)


When i reached the airport, i went to look for my 'all-in-one' Bengawan Solo..alas, the outlet in T1 is undergoing reno! my pandan cake? my kueh lapis?


Stay calm..i told myself..check the directory..heaved a sigh of relief when i realised there's another BS at T3..without tat, i cheonged off to T3..but alas, i had neglected one detail..i was flying off on the 3rd day of CNY(which was still a PH)..imagine my horror when the sales asst told me, there's no pandan cake available cos the bakers were still on holiday..?!! How how? Boh bian..i decided to buy every other item that has the slightest hint of 'pandan' flavour..ondeh ondeh, some green kueh, more green kueh...hoping to make up for this 'loss'..


I was flying budget and had intended to grab some food before boarding..but this hunt for pandan cake left me with little precious time for a meal(okok, i reached the ariport a bit later than expected but i had travelled half the island before coming k)..and i only managed to gobble down half a bowl of mee rebus before dashing off to my gate, leaving a no-doubt-by-now-very-amused someone behind to enjoy her mee siam and teh peng..on her own..


3.5 hours later, i arrived..stepped out of the airport and immediately regretted not bringing my power jacket..it was a lowly 10 degrees..and i was still in my 'Sg clothes'..(damn the stupid weather forecast at changi..17 - 19 degrees?!)


Mobile rang..'oi, we're going to pick up dinner before coming to fetch u, u wait a bit ok?'..this was my welcome to macau *.*



No comments: