Wednesday 8 December 2010

An eye infection..a broken nose..and a loaf of bread

Before i shock my readers out there..2 of 3 items in the title do not refer to me directly..only the loaf of bread does..

I had volunteered for an event recently..and apparently, i have a team of 100+ volunteers under me(99% i've not met, not even during/after the event, though i've spoken to some of them)

2 days after the event, 1 of the volunteers called to tell me another volunteer has gone half-blind in one eye(hopefully it's just temporary), likely due to the fact that she has worn her contact lens for more than 24 hours straight, resulting in an eye infection. Since i'm also just a volunteer, all i can do is refer the poor girl to the organisers..hope she'll be fine.

Lesson learnt: Do not wear contact lens beyond recommended hours

********

Was cycling out there..at one of the supposedly 'safest' place to cycle..when this guy, twice my size, lost control of his bike coming down a small slope and crashed head-on to me. I couldn't quite 'siam' in time, and fell together with him...I laid on the grass for 5 mins trying to decide if i had dislocated my shoulder(thank goodness no, but it sure hurts), and when i sat up, i was greeted by a bloody face..this is bad..

Called for an ambulance and when they arrived 15 mins later, the guy was still in shock..not a life-threatening injury but think he won't get on a bike anytime soon..

Lesson learnt: Wear a helmet and always use your brakes to stop

********

At 7.25am, someone handed me a loaf of gardenia supersoft & fine wholemeal bread..

ZXL: Wah, one WHOLE loaf ah?
Someone: Then? Cannot expect me to buy 2 slices right?
ZXL: Huh? Plain ah..no nutella?
Someone: You're early..so no time to spread..and you're already eating wat..

Lesson learnt: Be specific when ordering breakfast

p.s. thanks for buying the bread at 1+am..
********

In less than 24 hours, i've come across an eye infection and broken nose..& my consolation is one whole loaf of gardenia supersoft & fine wholemeal bread - plain, with no nutella.

1 comment:

mintradz said...

Eye infection can really be taken from wearing a contact lenses over the prescribe time. Arizona eye care says that, it is a must to wear fresh contact lenses and it is supposed to be fresh as much as possible. Maybe that is the reason why it is preferred by more optometrist to use a disposable contact lenses than a year to wear.