Saturday 30 April 2005

End of Chapter SSC..

Omigod...i could feel tears welling up in my eyes as i type this..not since my 'life-changing' experience have i felt such strong emotions in me..

My farewell gift was an autograph book..my very first one..yes, as Ms K & Ms 'No-pics-with-my-short-hair' would know..i had never owned an autograph book in my life..mot in pri sch, not in sec sch..never. Perhaps friendships never meant so much to me before..

Earlier in the day, wei was wondering if i will cry during my farewell..& i replied i'll try my best not to..And so, I forced myself not to read the autograph entries during the dinner, no matter how tempted i was..for i was afraid i couldn't control my tears..yes, i admit, i'm too 'love face' to shed tears in front of everyone..

Of cos, there were feelings of 'bu she de' throughout the day..but it really hit a climax when i flipped thru the autograph book..64 pages..filled with touching paras & 'lovely' pics.. it's not something u can put together in a few hours..even a few days..goodness knows how many lunches they forgo to do up the book (yes, i'm aware..the times when i happily went to the gym & u folks stayed in to do this) & how much 'OT' they put in for it..the amount of effort put in is enuf to make me wanna retract my R letter..

I'm never one to express my feelings outright (i'm not a high 'E' pax, rem?)..i know i should have said something more 'appropriate' just now..but i really dunno how to..sorry *.*

A couple of ex-colleagues turned up..didn't really have a chance to speak much with them but their attendance was very much appreciated..With dinner out of the way, we adjourned to a pub next door. More friendly jibing & reminiscing..with an average of 4 years with each of them, there was plenty to talk about..

Had a shot of brain damage..ok, not too strong..still can tahan..there was request for another round..should be able to handle..ordered a long island tea..took a sip, doesn't taste too potent..heng ah..

Had a toast with everyone..at the end of the round, my LIT was gone..so far so good..feeling a little light in the head but manageable..shan't allow myself to get drunk..





Knew i was getting a little loud..but it's ok..sang a song with lulu..si bei malu but i guess it must be entertaining to the rest..kai xin jiu hao..

The evening has come to an end..and it's time for us to split..trust tat everybody had a good time..cos i definitely did..

Back home..sitting in my room and typing for the past 30 mins or so, i'm a little more sober now..& my first thought is 'SHIT! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO FOR THEM NOW??' The truth is..i had also prepared some little surprises for them..i, too, had gone thru all my photos & selected a few 'memorable' ones..& guess wat? most of them appeared in the autograph book!!! I should have never doubted their resourcefulness *shakes head* 4.5 years with them..i should have known better than to try & outsmart 20+ heads put together..

Hmm..still have a little bit of time to put something together..hope i can outdo myself this once..

For now..it's off to dreamland..with a smile from the heart..

No comments: