Tuesday 29 August 2006

I like girls who live to eat (ST Life, 28th Aug 06)

Food is such a pleasure in life that it's a turn-off to watch a girl treat eating like it's a chore..

Thanks to these supposedly sure-fire, low-carb, weight-loss diets, I hardly see a woman finish her plate of rice or noodles anymore. Every other gilr i know leaves large portions of rice or noodles unfinished on the side of the plate. And most of the time, these women aren't anywhere near fat. (I dun believe in no-carbs diet..i still think carbs itself is NOT fattening..it's the stuff tat goes with carbs tat's fattening..the gravy, the sauce, the meat, etc..besides..u'll never feel full if u dun take carbs..)

Worse, so many women eat so little these days, it's seen as the norm rather than the exception (so i guess i'm the exception..going by the amount of carb i eat)

I still remember one ex-colleague's response when i asked her out for lunch. She smiled and replied: "No thanks, i just had this big apple for lunch," stressing on the word 'big' and cupping her hands to show me its supposedly melon-like size.

The last time i checked, women, too, need to eat three meals a day. And an apple doesn't count - even if it really is the size of a melon (neither does carrot juice..heard me, Ms P?)

I once witnessed a near catfight break out between a few women about eating - or the lack of it.

It was a work lunch with five women from an organisation that i was meeting for the first time. Four of them told the waitress that they didn't want any rice, but the last one was having a regular portion.
"I don't know why you all don't like rice. I always like to eat a lot of rice," scoffed High Metabolism Girl, a slim female who apparently loves her carbs.

Never mind that there was a male stranger sharing the table, for out came the claws.

"No what, I don't see you eating much rice usually," came one swift reply. "And we do eat rice, it's just that today, we decided to skip it together, " another retorted.

High Metabolism Girl never looked up from her bowl of rice for the rest of the meal. I'm not sure i did either.

Between a skinny girl who gingerly navigates around her food like a UN inspector looking for landmines and a normal-sized - or even slightly chubby - girl who loves her food, give me the latter any day. (Bonus if she likes white white stuff..ha)

It's a huge turn-off to see someone treat eating like a chore, especially since you'll probably be spending a lot of time having meals together. Whatever the romance the candlelight dinner provides will be snuffed out if she dumps half her plate of food on you, instead of telling you how tasty it is. (While i have frens doing tat to me, dumping food to me ie, not the candlelight dinner part, it's cos they genuinely can't finish their portion..n i'm perfectly fine with it..in fact, i more than welcome them doing so :Þ)

And it's worse if they're pround of calorie-counting(Opps, i think i'm the one guilty of calorie-counting..rather than my dining companions) I mean, it's dieting for vanity for crying out loud, not going on a hunger strike for peace.
I just think it's a shame if they can't enjoy one of the few real pleasures that life has to offer. (Yes, i do enjoy eating..even though i may be fussier than most pple about wat i eat..i believe moderation is the key)

I suppose i like women who live to eat, not eat to live - and i know plenty of attractive women who do that. We have to do it three times(at least five times for me), so why make it so painful?

Exactly.

No comments: