Sunday 4 December 2005

The cat's almost out of the bag liao..

Flashback : 13th Nov's blog - Some changes are taking place in my life..

..I had called the airline company today to change my return flight..it wasn't exactly smooth sailing i must say..got ding-donged back & forth between the Sg agent & the UK agent a few times..in fact, i only managed to secure a flight after a few days..& was placed on waiting list for 3 other flights..


************************************************************************************************

So yes..urs truly is back in Sg already..didn't want to announce my coming back cos first of all, it was sorta last min, my actual flight was only confirmed 4 days before my actual departure ..& din think it was really tat big a deal..

Sure, i could have stayed on in UK somemore..it was not like i was down to my last penny..& despite complaining about the food, i have no problems surviving on roti & kantang for a few more months..in any case, just like i couldn't ans the qn 'how long for?' when i first went over..i still can't ans it this time i'm back..afterall, my bank acc & NHS status is still open & there're tax issues to settle end of FY05..

Well, as luck would have it, Ms Privacy actually saw me within hours of my touching down..she was in this cab tat went past my house..this 2-sec sighting was enough for her to conclude i'm back..compare this to 0.5..who needed 3 smses & a call from my ST mobile line to convince her tat i was actually standing below her block..even then, it took several mins of conversation & a threat to go up to her place before she believed i'm really back..it must be the cough medicine tat she took..

So..why am i back? Several reasons..

Winter..i dun mind the cold as much as i dislike the short days..don't really fancy spending 3 months in a place which has only 5 hours of (rather weak)sunlight each day(& this is on a good day)..

Fulfilled my personal KPIs..sort of lah..they included going thru the changing of seasons(from late spring to early winter)..being a fruit picker(strawberry picking lor)..experiencing a different culture(the work stint in the TP where i was the only chinese..i spotted another 2 chinese but judging from their accent, they're probably british-bred)..& of cos, travelling around the region..

(my name tag in TP..)

My ear..it's giving me hell lots of problems..never had it so bad before..but it was the hearing test tat really freaked me out & triggered the alarm in me tat i should really start taking care of it..the doc recommended 'lots of sun'..which is obviously more readily available in sunny Sg than gloomy dark London..

(the 5 bottles of eardrops i've gone thru..)

A reason.. which will remain only known to me..

It's MARATHON DAY..tmr..4th Dec..is a big day for a lot of my ex-colleagues ..they spent hours & hours training for it & i know how much this meant to them..i had missed it last year..& i really³ feel tat i shouldn't miss it again this time round..not when they were so forthcoming with their support when i embarked on my working holiday journey earlier this year..it's my turn to do something for them..i might not be able to do anything to make their run any easier..but at least i'll be there supporting them all the way..& to share their joy(or pain)..

So run, my frens, run for all u are worth..be it 10km, 21.1km or 42.195km..i'll see u at the finish line..

No comments: