Monday 12 December 2005

Diet..diet..& more diets..

Seems like i'm surrounded by pple on diets these days..from the 2 pax i was sharing a room wif back in London..to the 2 dozens of pple i've met up wif over these 2 weeks..going on a diet is apparently the 'in' thing now..

Detox diet..juice diet..fruits diet..no-carb-no-protein diet..3k diet(lose 3kg by running 3km every other day to win a $3k bet)..anything-goes-i'll start-my-diet-tmr diet(subscribed by urs truly)..u name it, i've seen it all..

Met up with Meng over the weekend..once my ever-reliable supper kaki..she has a new mantra these days - 'kan kan jiu hao'..as she scanned the menus & photo displays outside the many restaurants & food outlets tat we passed by..she almost made me feel guilty tucking into my salmon fillet while she's poking away at her caesar salad..but kudos to her, her once '3 mths pregnant-tummy' has disappeared & her chubby face is now seriously rivaled by my bloated mien..the one thing about her tat didn't changed? She was 1 hour late for our appointment..

Speaking of diets..i was once rumoured to be on a 'white diet'(not too sure wat it is either..ask those who coined this term)..i had since defected to a brown diet(which i blame for my expansion) during my time in uk..

Was checking out a few supermarkets in town the other day..granted they're the classier supermarkets..still, i couldn't help but gasped when i spotted one of my fave bread in uk costing S$8 when it costs only 80p(S2.40) back in uk..it's the same culture shock i got when i found out tat 3 stalks of xiao bai cai in uk can set u back by 1.50pounds(S$4.50)..seems like it's gonna be hard on my pockets maintaining my brown diet..just as well..i might not need a change of wardrobe afterall..

All this typing has made me hungry..now, wat's for supper?

No comments: