Sunday 22 May 2005

The Amazing Race - The Marketing Version

Yes..i spent my entire saturday racing around markets..visited 3 and a half markets..why is there a half? Cos after spending 20 mins walking in the rain, i realised the Brick Lane market is only open on Sundays (stupid LP!!!)..thus i insist tat it be counted(as half)..

Ya..& to think tat was the first stop on my itinerary too..imagine starting off the day happily..spent almost 1 hour, changing tubes 4x before i reached the place..then confidently navigated my way there from the tube station..

I should have suspected something cos the streets leading to the market were rather quiet..in any case, after walking for about 20 mins, my confidence level started to drop & i popped into a convenience store to ask about the market..& my worst fears were confirmed when the uncle told me the market is only on sundays.. : (

And so, i had to walk back to the tube station..in the rain : ((

2nd stop was more successful..went to Borough Market - a market market(as compared to a bazaar market)..wooh..mushrooms..siam!

Next was Camden Market..positively teeming with tourists..london's equivalent of Chatuchat Market (of cos the hot sun was replaced by the irritating rain)..quite a nice place to jalan-jalan though..think the ssc folks will like it here..there's a section which kinda reminds me of the bazaar in kanchanaburi..only there's no one to share ji pai & pao bing wif me now *.*

After tat, it was off to Covent Garden..more crowds..a bit overwhelmed by the no of pple on the streets..esp when i'm standing in a corner of the street, trying to locate myself on the map..& hordes of pple just rushed by me..

This is my first day out in central london since i came here..since i have not much of an agenda & it's rather costly to travel up & down (a one-day travel pass out to central london costs me £6)

But first..the weather..in my 10 hours out on the streets today..i lost count of how many times i put on & took off my jacket from my haversack..the rain..while it's not thunderstorm..most of the times, it's at most a heavy drizzle(eh, a bit contradicting hor?)..but i don't want my camera(in my slingpouch) to get wet mah..so i'll try to 'lup' my jacket over lor..but there were a few times, before i could even get my jacket out from the haversack, the rain has stopped..& 2 mins later later, the rain will come again >.<

Sigh..think i better get used to this temperamental weather..more 'shan bian' than a woman's temper..

No comments: