Wednesday 25 May 2005

I finally did it..

To jog, tat is..i've been saying tat for as long as i'm here..today, i finally plucked up enuf courage to go out there in the mad weather & run..

I had planned to jog at my 'usual hour' - 6pm..at least there'll be some familarity..5+ came & i started to get ready..

Wat's there to get ready u might ask? Plenty..first on the list of cos is weather check..stuck my head out of the window..hmm..some sunshine..check..next is the running gear..not much of a choice for the bottoms since i have only 1 pair of track pants (i still dun have the courage to run in shorts)

As for the top..a bit of a headache..haven't jogged in such cold weather since i last jogged in Macau where i ended up with a headache cos of the cold wind : / Decided on a dri-fit singlet, a dri-fit long-sleeve & my gola jacket..omigod..feel like a ba zhang..

Off i go..took a turn at the corner of the street & went into a residential area..very 'england-looking' indeed..15 mins into the jog..still barely perspiring..which is rather strange cos i would usually be dripping with sweat back in Sg by now..

Feeling a little heavy though..seldom do i run in so many layers..opps, feel my pants slipping a bit..hope they dun fall off..yet..

Another 15 mins later..started to perspire..in fact, getting a bit warm inside..decided to unzip my jacket..wrong move, the wind got in & i started to shiver..up goes the zip..

30 mins..starting to pant liao..decided to call it a day & headed home..back home, i did my routine workout..some pushups & dips..think instructor will shake her head & say i 'muscle imbalance'..but these are the easier exercises tat i can do wifout equipment mah..

The workout did help to increase my body temperature slightly..managed to walk around the house in just t-shirts & shorts after tat..

Yes, it feels good to be able to workout & i look forward to my next workout again : )

No comments: