Friday 20 May 2005

A day in the life of xiao pang-wannabe

It’s another day..woke up at 10am..had my breakfast..congee today, thanks to the 2 sisters..

Compared to the last 2 days, it’s slightly warmer today..i could lounge around in the house wearing just 2 layers. Previously, I would be wearing a t-shirt, a long-sleeved t-shirt, a sweater, long pants, socks AND I’ll still be shivering. .

Saw some sunshine coming thru the windows..& thot to myself ‘maybe I can go for a quick run later’

Whiled away most of the morning reading newspapers..my heart bleeds a little each morning when I go down to buy the papers..since they cost me 50 – 70p, depending on which one I buy..

Damn it, it’s starting to rain(yes, weather is an obsession here)..there goes my jogging plan..if this goes on, my old frens – the 5 chins are gonna return very soon : /

Oh well, since i can't jog, i shall blog..

Hmm..shall blog about my ‘temp roommates’..

You know, I’m quite amused with the daily conversations between the 2 sisters..75% of it revolves around their next meal..what ingredients are available at home..how they're gonna prepare them..what else needs to be bought from the supermarket, etc..they plan for meals(soup & pasta vs salad & sandwich) like i plan my workout routine (shoulders & triceps vs back & biceps)

To call them 'domesticated' would be rather unfair since they've travelled all the way from their hometown to a foreign country all by themselves & they're doing rather well in their own ways..to call them cosmopolitan would be weird too since they still remain very much rooted to their origins..

Hmm..wonder what do they think of this strange Singaporean who speaks cantonese with a funny accent?

No comments: