Monday 26 September 2005

1 down

Today is a slightly better day : ) Mainly cos i managed to solve some of the problems which caused my pekchek-ness last week..

I dun wan to be too whiney..so i shall first talk about problem #1 - Opening of Bank Account

If u had friend/relative living in UK before..go ask them how they managed to open a bank account here..it's damn f***ing tedious..at least for a foreigner(who's neither working nor studying fulltime)..

They need a prove of residence in UK..which means i need to prove when/why i came into UK..& the most headache of all, bills to prove my address..which i obviously do not have..& despite a letter from my employee, the stupid H bank(this bank exists in Sg too, so go figure) near my place refuses to open an acc for me..& the lady who attended to me spoke to me as if i'm an illegal immigrant..'if u cannot prove u're staying at this add, we will not open an acc for u'

Why i need a bank acc so urgently is cos my current employer credits the pay directly into employee's bank acc..& despite knowing tat i have yet to open a bank acc here, my employer was stupid enough to pay me my first week's wages in cheque..a crossed cheque somemore..now, how am i supposed to bank the cheque without a bank acc leh??

In any case, after i got rejected by H bank, i went to B bank..same thing, i can't open an acc if i dun have any document to prove my add..but the lady was nice enough to add that if i can produce a bank stmt from my home country, she can try & do something for me..

And so today, armed wif a bank stmt summoned from home..i went to B bank again today..the same lady told me everything i needed to know about opening a bank acc here & did it for me straightaway..which means i'm finally the proud owner of a bank acc here in UK : )

Problem #1 solved ; case closed

Of cos, not forgetting the 'good lucks' & 'jia yous' i got from u folks..u provided me wif all the support when i needed them..with friends like this, wat more can i ask for?

No comments: