Wednesday 14 September 2005

Working on Weekends...again....

Sunday, 11th September 2005

I dunno why i always end up wif jobs requiring me to work on weekends..AND having me to wake up much earlier on sundays..it used to be 'some' jalan/lari thingy which gets me up at some unearthly hours every other sunday..& now, thorpe park - it opens an hour earlier on weekends..

This being UK..meaning public transport run at much much much reduced frequency on sundays..meaning i really had to plan my journey down to the last second to ensure getting to work on time..

Anyway, i ended up catching the first tube out at 6.45am(compared to 7.27am on a normal weekday)..& even then, i was still late for work..sigh..

It's not much of a surprise tat the park is lot busier on weekends..i ended up doing the q-line today..supposed to make sure they meet all the ride restrictions..such as height limit..chest limits(yes, there's such a thing) for this specific roller coaster ride, pple with >51 inches chest(both male & female) are not allowed since the harness wun be big enuf & trust me..they are really quite a no of pple out there who fail this requirement..etc etc..basically kinda like a bouncer if u wish to call it so..haha

For those who have done crowd controlling before & think it's tough work..try crowd controlling with a crowd made up of predominantly ang mohs..imagine trying to shout & slang at the same time..not easy..

And there was this big black guy who came up & insisted tat his son be allowed on the ride..his son is way below the required height (1.2m vs 1.4m) I told him no & he got really furious and started to raise his voice & demanding to be thrown out of the park & stuff..in fact, at one pt in time, i was quite sure he's gonna start punching me in the face..one of my colleagues heard the commotion & came to help me out..after several more mins of 'no, we really can't let ur son on for safety reasons'..the guy walked away wif a totally disgusted look on his face..

After about 30 mins later, this guy reappeared & i was so afraid he's here to 'seek revenge'..he was like 'are u the person whom i argued with just now?' 'err..yes' 'i'm here to apologise to you cos i realised it was my mistake..i had checked with the info counter and they re-confirmed about the height restrictions..sorry about just earlier on'..i think my expression must have changed immediately from tat of fear to relief..

Oh well..i guess this is just another day of work for me..

No comments: