Monday 19 September 2005

Wai Guo de yue liang bi jiao yuan..?

Happy mooncake festival to one & all! Thank u all for the sms greetings & even an attempt to send mooncakes over to me..appreciate all these thoughts..xie xie..

And since it's mid-autumn festival today..it means i've been thru 3 seasons since i came over..or somewat 3 seasons..

It was late spring when i first arrived in May..then came summer(late jun – early sep)..& now..autumn..the season of falling leaves(do u know they’re actually a hazard to tube/railway tracks? apparently they form a Teflon-like coating when the fallen leaves are baked on the track)

I’m starting to notice the change too..besides lower temp these days(some of u might have been on the receiving end of my ‘complaint smses' about the weather), the daylight hours are getting shorter too..sunrise used to be 4-ish..but nowadays when I get out of bed for work at 6ish, it’s still dark outside..& when I'm on the train back from work at 7-ish, it’s already dark..compared to the days when I would have to wait till after 930pm to catch a glimpse of sunset..

This may sound silly..but it’s one of the reasons why I wanted to come UK..besides to ‘see the world’ ie.. I wanted to experience the different seasons in a year(tat’s another item to strike off in my to-do/experience list)

Alright..getting tired liao..it's been another long day at work today(today's sunday, rem?)

ZZzzzzxl signing off..

P.S. The moon really looks a lot nearer(& therefore much bigger) over here..

No comments: